Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Show don't tell Characters

Walt show don't tell to describe and expand on one feature of our character.

For the last two days we have been working on creating a character. We did this to understand how to not go over board with to much description and have just the right amount. I think what I did well is to make it interesting and not boring. Something I think I could do better is spend a bit more time on editing and checking with a buddy.



Beatriz had long luscious blonde loose curls that swayed in the air as she ran. If she was happy or excited  her hair would glow a beautiful gold colour and fairy dust would dance all around the room. She had the longest hair in all the land. If she was sad her hair would turn a white grey colour and the fairy dust would turn to ice. If she was angry her hair would turn red and the fairy dust would turn to fire.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Liona from Mrs Morgan-French. I think you have managed to describe Beatriz's hair without going overboard. I like the way you have included the fairy dust in your description and told the reader how Beatriz's emotions affect the colour of her hair and change the form of the fairy dust. He tino pai to mahi. Miharo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Room 9 I love it when you comment on my blog.

      Delete